Save Money / Consumer News
Scenic restaurants that offer great food, beautiful views
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- When it comes to picking a restaurant for a day or evening out, good food is a natural draw. But some dining spots offer more than just a delicious menu. We checked out some places that offer a spectacular view as well.
Surf, sand and delicious seafood. Come to Sandy's Beach Grill in Surf City, USA, for the ultimate in coastal dining. Nestled next to the Huntington Beach pier, the Pacific Ocean is the perfect backdrop for this restaurant.
"Not only is the location great and fun, but it's also a great place to come and get some really outstanding food," said Sandy's executive chef, Mason Trapp.
Start with some unique beach treats, like beer-battered garlic fried green beans. Or try something more traditional, like a layered seafood cocktail filled with shrimp and lobster, tossed in an orange chili sauce. There's also smoked chicken and grilled-corn flatbread topped with pepper jack cheese.
Sandy's now serves breakfast on the weekends, so try the bread pudding French toast. And at dinnertime, watch the sun set over the ocean.
"Make your way in here, find a great table, eat over a little bit of candlelight, and have a nice romantic dinner," said Trapp.
In downtown Los Angeles, look up Perch, a three-level rooftop restaurant and lounge with a staff dedicated to providing their guests a memorable time.
"Outdoors, patio, beautiful food, beautiful people, great service -- We have the whole package," said Perch's executive chef, Shawn Davis.
Come for the view, stay for the food. Order chef's famous truffle fries off the French-California menu, And with live music almost every night, the atmosphere is perfect for fun gatherings.
Down in Long Beach, inside Hotel Maya, Fuego offers a Latin-infused menu paired with a picture perfect view. Sit inside or out. Most tables allow guests to take in the stunning view of the downtown Long Beach skyline, the Marina, and the Queen Mary. It's a relaxing scene as you dive into Fuego's famous guacamole. Also try the grilled filet medallions with spicy yams or savory lobster enchiladas.
food, save money / consumer news, alysha del valle
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 7 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 1 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 19 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 11 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks