Save Money / Consumer News
Better Business Bureau warns against text-message scamming during holidays
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Criminals are using text messages to try to scam you. If you've ever gotten a text from a major retailer telling you that you've won a gift card, don't buy into it.
Authorities say crooks are trying get you to give away your personal and credit card information.
The Better Business Bureau says it's currently one of the top five scams. They always ramp up around the holidays.
scams, technology, save money / consumer news
- 1 shot, killed at North Hills nursing facility 15 min ago
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions