Save Money / Consumer News
Better Business Bureau warns against text-message scamming during holidays
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Criminals are using text messages to try to scam you. If you've ever gotten a text from a major retailer telling you that you've won a gift card, don't buy into it.
Authorities say crooks are trying get you to give away your personal and credit card information.
The Better Business Bureau says it's currently one of the top five scams. They always ramp up around the holidays.
scams, technology, save money / consumer news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 46 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 25 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 7 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...