Save Money / Consumer News
Better Business Bureau warns against text-message scamming during holidays
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Criminals are using text messages to try to scam you. If you've ever gotten a text from a major retailer telling you that you've won a gift card, don't buy into it.
Authorities say crooks are trying get you to give away your personal and credit card information.
The Better Business Bureau says it's currently one of the top five scams. They always ramp up around the holidays.
scams, technology, save money / consumer news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 24 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 16 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Lighting up historic Broadway Theatre...
43 min ago
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
5 min ago