Save Money / Consumer News
IIHS family vehicle crash-test ratings released for 2013
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety put 18 mid-sized family cars through a new safety test, replicating what happens when the front corner of a vehicle hits something such as a tree or another car.
Family sedans have outperformed most luxury models in the new crash test.
America's most popular car, the Toyota Camry, earned a "poor" rating.
Only three of 11 luxury models earned a "good" or "acceptable" rating.
Thirteen family cars earned the distinction of "Top Safety Pick Plus."
save money / consumer news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 13 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Missing flight's last words were routine 14 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 26 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 10 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
37 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
36 min ago