Save Money / Consumer News
IIHS family vehicle crash-test ratings released for 2013
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety put 18 mid-sized family cars through a new safety test, replicating what happens when the front corner of a vehicle hits something such as a tree or another car.
Family sedans have outperformed most luxury models in the new crash test.
America's most popular car, the Toyota Camry, earned a "poor" rating.
Only three of 11 luxury models earned a "good" or "acceptable" rating.
Thirteen family cars earned the distinction of "Top Safety Pick Plus."
save money / consumer news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 51 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land 13 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video