Save Money / Consumer News
Consumer Electronics Show features variety of novel gadgets
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Consumer Electronics Show is under way in Las Vegas. It is a preview of new products that may soon hit the market.
Every year, TVs make the biggest impact at the convention. Most TVs are just for permanent use at home. But that's not the case with RCA's go-anywhere TV.
"What we have is the world's first 8-inch mobile digital TV, as well as full android, tablet TV," said Greg Hillman with RCA. "This provides consumers with not only a full android tablet, but free over-the-air digital broadcast television, as well as mobile digital TV."
Also quite mobile is House of Marley's portable Bluetooth audio system called Roots Rock -- tunes wherever you need them.
You've seen robot vacuum cleaners before, but the LG Hom-Bot vacuum is really unique. First off, it's square, so it gets into corners better. It also has sensors and top and bottom cameras that map out and store the room's dimensions so it doesn't hit the same spots twice.
Another interesting item at the convention was Intel's Ultrabook, a convertible laptop. You can flip the screen, bring it down, and it becomes a tablet computer.
While the CES can be all about high tech, it can be old tech, too. For example, there's Sylvania's classic, but digital record player.
technology, save money / consumer news, ric romero
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 4 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58 18 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 32 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 12 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 1 min ago
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 13 min ago
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members 34 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 24 min ago
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour