Save Money / Consumer News
Verizon has best cellphone service in Los Angeles - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Many cellphone users have a long list of gripes, including dropped calls or texts that never go through. A new scientific survey claims to have determined which mobile carrier has the best cellphone service in Los Angeles.
A research firm called RootMetrics sent drivers armed with cellphone testing kits all over the city. The phones made calls, sent texts, and used up data indoors and outdoors, day and night.
For the fourth year in a row, Verizon scored best overall in Los Angeles with a score of 96, AT&T was in second with 93, T-Mobile earned 89, and Sprint was way below the competition at 75.
T-Mobile scored best for text messaging, but Verizon is tops when it comes to data usage.
As for dropped calls, Sprint is by far the worst. Sprint's calls dropped 2.9 percent of the time, more than AT&T's 1.1 percent, T-Mobile's 0.9 percent and Verizon's 0.6 percent.
save money / consumer news, elex michaelson
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 30 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 23 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 38 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12 9 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 'The Other Woman' gets last laugh in theaters
6 min ago