Save Money / Consumer News
JC Penney to open doors on Thanksgiving evening for shoppers
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Black Friday may be more than a month away, but that's not stopping retailers from coming up with a plan to lure shoppers. J.C. Penney announced it will open its doors on Thanksgiving evening to kick off the holiday shopping season.
The retailer will open most of its 1,100 stores at 8 p.m. Last year, Target and Wal-Mart opened their doors on Thanksgiving as well.
The Thanksgiving evening opening is much earlier than last year, when Penney didn't open until 6 a.m. Friday.
Consumers have mixed feelings about retailers choosing to open on the holiday. Some say it's up to the stores to do as they please, while others feel Black Friday is slowly starting to encroach on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Stores are ushering the holiday season in earlier every year, creeping into Thanksgiving. Macy's announced it will also be opening its doors at 8 p.m. Thursday, compared to its midnight Friday opening in 2012.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
holiday, shopping, save money / consumer news, darsha philips
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 16 min ago
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 39 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor 58 min ago
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Holiday shopping tips, ideas to save money
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video) 36 min ago