Save Money / Consumer News
JC Penney to open doors on Thanksgiving evening for shoppers
WOODLAND HILLS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Black Friday may be more than a month away, but that's not stopping retailers from coming up with a plan to lure shoppers. J.C. Penney announced it will open its doors on Thanksgiving evening to kick off the holiday shopping season.
The retailer will open most of its 1,100 stores at 8 p.m. Last year, Target and Wal-Mart opened their doors on Thanksgiving as well.
The Thanksgiving evening opening is much earlier than last year, when Penney didn't open until 6 a.m. Friday.
Consumers have mixed feelings about retailers choosing to open on the holiday. Some say it's up to the stores to do as they please, while others feel Black Friday is slowly starting to encroach on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Stores are ushering the holiday season in earlier every year, creeping into Thanksgiving. Macy's announced it will also be opening its doors at 8 p.m. Thursday, compared to its midnight Friday opening in 2012.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
holiday, shopping, save money / consumer news, darsha philips
- Boston Marathon runners show resilience 8 min ago
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 20 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
52 min ago