Chrysler recalls 76K Dodge Ram pickup trucks
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Chrysler is recalling about 76,000 of its Dodge Ram pickup trucks over a potential brake pedal problem.
The recall affects certain 2010-2011 models that were built between March 2009 and October of 2010.
At issue is a power steering reservoir cap that can create excessive pressure levels.
The increased pressure could make the brake pedals slow to return, causing the brake lights to stay on and potentially lead to a crash.
There are no reports of any accidents or injuries as a result of the issue.
Chrysler said it will notify owners and dealers will replace the part for free.
Owners can contact Chrysler at (800) 853-1403.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
recall, auto industry, auto news, recalls
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 40 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 55 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- VC suspicious death investigation underway 23 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis