Chrysler recalls 76K Dodge Ram pickup trucks
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Chrysler is recalling about 76,000 of its Dodge Ram pickup trucks over a potential brake pedal problem.
The recall affects certain 2010-2011 models that were built between March 2009 and October of 2010.
At issue is a power steering reservoir cap that can create excessive pressure levels.
The increased pressure could make the brake pedals slow to return, causing the brake lights to stay on and potentially lead to a crash.
There are no reports of any accidents or injuries as a result of the issue.
Chrysler said it will notify owners and dealers will replace the part for free.
Owners can contact Chrysler at (800) 853-1403.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
recall, auto industry, auto news, recalls
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 13 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 19 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 32 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 9 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 13 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks