Purina dry cat food recalled for salmonella
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A cat food recall is affecting 12 states, including California.
Nestle Purina is voluntarily recalling bags of its Purina ONE SmartBlend Vibrant Maturity 7+ dry cat food.
The company said the food may be contaminated with salmonella.
Affected bags have a "best by" date of May 2012.
Nestle Purina said it was alerted to the contamination by the Food and Drug Administration.
No additional Purina cat or dog products are involved in the recall.
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 7 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 44 min ago
- 50-acre brush fire erupts near Moorpark
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Hesperia house fire started in gas fireplace
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Mary Barra becomes 1st female CEO of GM
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- How healthy is flavoring up your water?
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman Trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus is MTV's Artist of the Year