Purina dry cat food recalled for salmonella
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A cat food recall is affecting 12 states, including California.
Nestle Purina is voluntarily recalling bags of its Purina ONE SmartBlend Vibrant Maturity 7+ dry cat food.
The company said the food may be contaminated with salmonella.
Affected bags have a "best by" date of May 2012.
Nestle Purina said it was alerted to the contamination by the Food and Drug Administration.
No additional Purina cat or dog products are involved in the recall.
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants