B.O.B. single and double strollers recalled
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 400,000 popular B.O.B. jogging strollers are being recalled because of choking concerns.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the backing on an embroidered logo patch on the stroller's canopy can come loose, posing a choking hazard to babies and young children.
The CPSC says the firm has received six reports of children mouthing a detached patch backing. Two cases involved choking and gagging.
The recall involves more than 411,000 single and double jogging strollers in the United States and 27,000 in Canada. The recalled strollers were manufactured between November 1998 and November 2010, and sold at REI, Babies R' Us, Amazon.com and other stores nationwide between November 1998 and October 2011.
Strollers manufactured after October 2006 have a white label affixed to the back of the stroller's leg with the manufacturing date. Strollers with no manufacturing date listed were produced prior to October 2006 and are included in this recall.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled strollers until they remove the embroidery backing patch from the interior of the canopy's logo. For removal instructions and additional information, consumers can contact B.O.B. Trailers toll-free at (855) 242-2245 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday, or visit the company's website at www.bobnotices.com.
consumer product safety commission, recall, recalls
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 10 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Supermarket overload: Too many product...
49 min ago