Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's a warning for drivers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling tens of thousands of tires designed for trucks, vans and SUVs.
The company says it's recalling six versions of its Wrangler Silent Armor tires made in 2009. They say the tire treads could separate from the tire and cause accidents or cause a tire failure.
Goodyear does say the separation would most likely only occur under "severe usage conditions."
Goodyear will replace the tires for free. The recall affects about 40,000 tires and will start by March 22.
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 44 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)