Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's a warning for drivers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling tens of thousands of tires designed for trucks, vans and SUVs.
The company says it's recalling six versions of its Wrangler Silent Armor tires made in 2009. They say the tire treads could separate from the tire and cause accidents or cause a tire failure.
Goodyear does say the separation would most likely only occur under "severe usage conditions."
Goodyear will replace the tires for free. The recall affects about 40,000 tires and will start by March 22.
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements 48 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10