Goodyear recalls Wrangler Silent Armor tires
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There's a warning for drivers. Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. is recalling tens of thousands of tires designed for trucks, vans and SUVs.
The company says it's recalling six versions of its Wrangler Silent Armor tires made in 2009. They say the tire treads could separate from the tire and cause accidents or cause a tire failure.
Goodyear does say the separation would most likely only occur under "severe usage conditions."
Goodyear will replace the tires for free. The recall affects about 40,000 tires and will start by March 22.
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 17 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 46 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow 4 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'