Ford recalls Escape SUVs to fix carpet padding that could interfere with braking
DETROIT (KABC) -- Ford Motor Co. is recalling more than 10,000 redesigned 2013 Escape SUVs.
Ford said wrongly-positioned carpet padding could get in the way of braking. According to the company, there haven't been reports of accidents or injuries related to the problem.
The recall is expected to officially begin July 23. Ford said dealers will remove the carpet padding and replace a console trim panel at no charge.
For more information, owners can call the automaker at (866) 436-7332.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
auto news, recall, recalls
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 8 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 10 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 25 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 47 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future