Ford recalls Escape SUVs to fix carpet padding that could interfere with braking
DETROIT (KABC) -- Ford Motor Co. is recalling more than 10,000 redesigned 2013 Escape SUVs.
Ford said wrongly-positioned carpet padding could get in the way of braking. According to the company, there haven't been reports of accidents or injuries related to the problem.
The recall is expected to officially begin July 23. Ford said dealers will remove the carpet padding and replace a console trim panel at no charge.
For more information, owners can call the automaker at (866) 436-7332.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
auto news, recall, recalls
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation 11 min ago
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)