Mercedes-Benz recalls floor mats over gas pedal dangers
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Mercedes-Benz is recalling floor mats from some of its newest vehicles because they may cause the gas pedal to get stuck.
The mats are the all-season accessory for the 2012 and 2013 ML-Class vehicles. Mercedes says the mats don't conform to the car floor correctly and could cause the pedal to not fully retract after the driver stops applying pressure. The car may also not slow down as expected.
Drivers should immediately remove the mats and ask a dealer for a free replacement.
Mercedes says so far no injuries or accidents have been reported.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 12 min ago
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy