Mr. Coffee single cup brewers recalled over burn hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 600,000 Mr. Coffee single cup brewers are being recalled because of a potential burn hazard.
Jarden Consumer Solutions, along with the U.S. Consumer product safety Commission and Health Canada, said Thursday that they are recalling 520,000 units in the U.S. and 80,700 in Canada.
A build-up of steam in the water reservoir can force the brewing chamber open and expel hot coffee grounds and water.
Jarden has received 164 reports of the brewing chamber opening due to steam pressure. There were about 59 reports of injuries in the United States. Consumers suffered burn injuries to their face, upper torso and hands.
Customers can call Jarden at (800) 993-8609 for details on getting a free replacement unit. You can find additional information on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's website.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
recall, food, recalls
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 23 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis