Mr. Coffee single cup brewers recalled over burn hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- More than 600,000 Mr. Coffee single cup brewers are being recalled because of a potential burn hazard.
Jarden Consumer Solutions, along with the U.S. Consumer product safety Commission and Health Canada, said Thursday that they are recalling 520,000 units in the U.S. and 80,700 in Canada.
A build-up of steam in the water reservoir can force the brewing chamber open and expel hot coffee grounds and water.
Jarden has received 164 reports of the brewing chamber opening due to steam pressure. There were about 59 reports of injuries in the United States. Consumers suffered burn injuries to their face, upper torso and hands.
Customers can call Jarden at (800) 993-8609 for details on getting a free replacement unit. You can find additional information on the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission's website.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
recall, food, recalls
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 6 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 28 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 33 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break