Portable generators sold at Costco recalled over fire risk
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Portable generators made by Santa Fe Springs-based Champion Power Equipment are voluntarily being recalled.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said fuel can leak from the carburetor, causing a fire. The company said 8,600 units were sold exclusively at Costco from December 2011 through July 2012 for about $699.
This recall involves two models that have a black frame with black and yellow control panels, a bar handle and two wheels. The model numbers are 41332 and 41532.
Consumers should stop using the recalled generators. The products may be returned to Costco for a full refund.
Champion Power Equipment can be reached at (855) 236-9424.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 14 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 21 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere