Portable generators sold at Costco recalled over fire risk
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Portable generators made by Santa Fe Springs-based Champion Power Equipment are voluntarily being recalled.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said fuel can leak from the carburetor, causing a fire. The company said 8,600 units were sold exclusively at Costco from December 2011 through July 2012 for about $699.
This recall involves two models that have a black frame with black and yellow control panels, a bar handle and two wheels. The model numbers are 41332 and 41532.
Consumers should stop using the recalled generators. The products may be returned to Costco for a full refund.
Champion Power Equipment can be reached at (855) 236-9424.
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 34 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 23 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts