Portable generators sold at Costco recalled over fire risk
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Portable generators made by Santa Fe Springs-based Champion Power Equipment are voluntarily being recalled.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said fuel can leak from the carburetor, causing a fire. The company said 8,600 units were sold exclusively at Costco from December 2011 through July 2012 for about $699.
This recall involves two models that have a black frame with black and yellow control panels, a bar handle and two wheels. The model numbers are 41332 and 41532.
Consumers should stop using the recalled generators. The products may be returned to Costco for a full refund.
Champion Power Equipment can be reached at (855) 236-9424.
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested