Portable generators sold at Costco recalled over fire risk
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Portable generators made by Santa Fe Springs-based Champion Power Equipment are voluntarily being recalled.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said fuel can leak from the carburetor, causing a fire. The company said 8,600 units were sold exclusively at Costco from December 2011 through July 2012 for about $699.
This recall involves two models that have a black frame with black and yellow control panels, a bar handle and two wheels. The model numbers are 41332 and 41532.
Consumers should stop using the recalled generators. The products may be returned to Costco for a full refund.
Champion Power Equipment can be reached at (855) 236-9424.
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 35 min ago
- Pets of the Week: Chihuahua mixes Nina, Chloe
50 min ago