Honda recalls Odysseys, Pilots, Acuras for key system
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Honda is recalling more than 800,000 minivans and SUVs over concerns the key system can wear out and cause a crash.
The problem lies with a system that prevents the key from being removed, unless the vehicle is parked.
That system can wear out over time, which means drivers can pull out the key while their vehicle is still in gear. It can then roll off and crash.
The recall affects Odyssey minivans and Pilot SUVs from the 2003 and 2004 model years. It also includes Acura MDX SUVs from 2003 through 2006.
Dealers will fix the problem for free.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 8 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 15 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 54 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere