Baby Jogger City Versa Stroller recalled due to faulty frame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A major recall is under way involving a jogging stroller due to a locking issue that can cause the stroller to collapse.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Baby Jogger City Versa Stroller is being recalled because the frame can fail to lock in place and then collapse while it's being used.
The strollers were manufactured between May 15 and Aug. 20. More than 10,000 strollers are affected by the recall. About 8,400 units were sold in the United States and 2,200 in Canada.
The manufacture date is printed on the stroller's black plastic side hinge below "Baby Jogger" and "City Versa."
The strollers were sold at Buy Buy Baby and other juvenile product stores nationwide and online at Buybuybaby.com, Albeebaby.com, Diapers.com and other online retailers from July through October 2012.
So far, no injuries have been reported but there were six instances of the frame failing to lock.
Consumers are advised to stop using the strollers immediately and contact the company for a free replacement stroller frame. You can reach Baby Jogger toll-free at (877) 506-2213 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.babyjogger.com/recall or email email@example.com.
recall, children's health, recalls
- Malaysian official: Missing jet hijacked 23 min ago
- Westbound 134 Fwy closed due to police activity
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake 14 min ago
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)