Baby Jogger City Versa Stroller recalled due to faulty frame
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A major recall is under way involving a jogging stroller due to a locking issue that can cause the stroller to collapse.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Baby Jogger City Versa Stroller is being recalled because the frame can fail to lock in place and then collapse while it's being used.
The strollers were manufactured between May 15 and Aug. 20. More than 10,000 strollers are affected by the recall. About 8,400 units were sold in the United States and 2,200 in Canada.
The manufacture date is printed on the stroller's black plastic side hinge below "Baby Jogger" and "City Versa."
The strollers were sold at Buy Buy Baby and other juvenile product stores nationwide and online at Buybuybaby.com, Albeebaby.com, Diapers.com and other online retailers from July through October 2012.
So far, no injuries have been reported but there were six instances of the frame failing to lock.
Consumers are advised to stop using the strollers immediately and contact the company for a free replacement stroller frame. You can reach Baby Jogger toll-free at (877) 506-2213 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.babyjogger.com/recall or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
recall, children's health, recalls
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 41 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 38 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'