Bugaboo strollers recalled due to fall, choking hazards
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A major recall is under way involving two models of Bugaboo strollers due to a faulty button on the strollers' carry handles that can cause the handle to detach.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the recall affects the Bugaboo Cameleon and Donkey models with detachable carrycots/seats. A button on the models' handle can became disengaged, causing the handle to detach and pose a fall and choking hazard for children.
More than 46,000 of the strollers affected have been sold across the nation.
Although no injuries have been reported, Bugaboo has received a total of 58 reports in which the handle has become loose.
The strollers were manufactured by Bugaboo International and sold at Best Buy, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Toys R Us and other baby product stores. The Bugaboo Cameleon was sold between September 2009 and June 2012 for about $980. The Bugaboo Donkey was sold from January 2011 through December 2012 for between $1,200 and $1,600.
The serial numbers for the recalled Cameleon strollers include 04011090900001 to 04031101009999, 08011090900001 to 08021100800386, and 140100093600531 to 140103123350418. The serial numbers for the recalled Donkey strollers include 170101105300001 to 170104130900500.
Consumers should immediately remove the carry handle from the strollers and contact Bugaboo for a free replacement handle. The strollers can be used while awaiting the replacement handle.
For more information, contact Bugaboo International at (800) 460-2922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 5 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing 33 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot 20 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
22 min ago