Bugaboo strollers recalled due to fall, choking hazards
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A major recall is under way involving two models of Bugaboo strollers due to a faulty button on the strollers' carry handles that can cause the handle to detach.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, the recall affects the Bugaboo Cameleon and Donkey models with detachable carrycots/seats. A button on the models' handle can became disengaged, causing the handle to detach and pose a fall and choking hazard for children.
More than 46,000 of the strollers affected have been sold across the nation.
Although no injuries have been reported, Bugaboo has received a total of 58 reports in which the handle has become loose.
The strollers were manufactured by Bugaboo International and sold at Best Buy, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Toys R Us and other baby product stores. The Bugaboo Cameleon was sold between September 2009 and June 2012 for about $980. The Bugaboo Donkey was sold from January 2011 through December 2012 for between $1,200 and $1,600.
The serial numbers for the recalled Cameleon strollers include 04011090900001 to 04031101009999, 08011090900001 to 08021100800386, and 140100093600531 to 140103123350418. The serial numbers for the recalled Donkey strollers include 170101105300001 to 170104130900500.
Consumers should immediately remove the carry handle from the strollers and contact Bugaboo for a free replacement handle. The strollers can be used while awaiting the replacement handle.
For more information, contact Bugaboo International at (800) 460-2922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 45 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 41 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 17 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 56 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2
- Alison Arngrim speaks about Hollywood sex...
2 min ago