Recall: children's dressers entrapment danger
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A voluntary recall of 18,000 children's four-door dressers was announced Wednesday.
The recall is for "Emily" and "Ryan" style children's dressers. The dressers become unstable when children climb on them, posing a tip-over risk and entrapment. Two reports of deaths associated with the dressers have been reported. The cause of the deaths has not been determined.
This voluntary recall involves "Emily" style four-drawer dressers with model numbers M4712, M4722, M4732 and M4742 and similar "Ryan" dressers with the model M4733.
The model number, "Million Dollar Baby" and "MADE IN TAIWAN" are printed on a label located on the back of the dresser. The recalled dresser is a part of the DaVinci children's bedroom furniture collection.
The recalled dressers were sold at JCPenney and independent juvenile specialty stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, BabiesRUs.com, BabyUniverse.com and other online retailers from January 2006 through June 2010 for between $230 and $300.
Consumers should immediately stop using and keep the dresser out of a child's reach. Consumers can contact Million Dollar Baby to receive a free retrofit kit that contains a wall anchor strap, which attaches to the dresser and wall to help prevent the dresser from tipping. The kits can be ordered by visiting the firm's website at www.themdbfamily.com/safety2 and click on Safety HQ or call toll-free at (888) 673-6652 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) announced the recall in cooperation with Bexco Enterprises Inc.
recall, consumer product safety commission, recalls
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 1 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 16 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
46 min ago