Kellogg recalls Special K Red Berries cereal over possible glass fragments
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kellogg Company has announced a recall of some packages of Special K Red Berries cereal because of possible fragments of glass.
The recall covers some 11.2-ounce packages, 37-ounce packages and some 22.4-ounce twin packs. The company said there have been no reports of any injuries associated with the recalled cereal.
The following products are included in the recall:
- 11.2 ounce packages, UPC code 3800059923, Better if Used Before Date of DEC 02 2013 followed by KNC 105 with a time stamp of 00:13-2:30
- 22.4 ounce packages, UPC code 3800078356, Better if Used Before Date of NOV 30 2013 followed by KNA 105 with a time stamp of 07:00-08:51 or NOV 30 2013 followed by KNB 105 with a time stamp of 15:00-17:05
- 37 ounce packages, UPC code 3800020940, Better if Used Before Date of NOV 30 2013 followed by KNB 107 with a time stamp of 17:31-20:05
Consumers were advised to not eat the affected cereal. They can call Kellogg for a replacement coupon. For more information on the recall, call (800) 962-1413 or visit the company's website.
food, recall, recalls
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 18 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting 46 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 40 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre