Bumble Bee issues recall over loose seals
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Bumble Bee Foods has issued a recall for certain products because the seals on the cans aren't tight enough to prevent contamination.
According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, 5-ounce cans of Chunk White Albacore and Chunk Light Tuna are affected.
The loose seals or seams could spoil the food and lead to illness if consumed. The FDA and Bumble Bee officials say there have been no reports to date of any illnesses associated with the products.
The products involved in the voluntary recall were sold between Jan. 17 and Feb, 28 and have a best-by date of Jan. 16-18, 2016.
To see the UPC numbers of all of the products involved, visit www.fda.gov/safety/recalls.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled products were advised to discard them. If you any questions concerning this recall, you can contact Bumble Bee Consumer Affairs 24 hours a day at (800) 800-8572.
food, recall, recalls
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 10 min ago
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds