Recalls announced for certain '05-'06 Honda/Acura vehicles
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- Honda announced recalls for certain Honda Pilots and Acuras from the 2005 and 2006 model years.
The recall comprises approximately 101,000 Honda Pilot vehicles, 60,000 Acura MDX vehicles and 21,000 Acura RL vehicles from the 2005 model year; and approximately 800 Acura MDX vehicles from the 2006 model year in the U.S.
There are potential malfunctions of the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system in those models that could lead to brake malfunctions. An electrical glitch could produce a small amount of brake force for a fraction of a second. A driver applying pressure could produce more than the intended input. Unexpected brake activation could increase the risk of a crash.
Honda will install a device to fix the problem free of charge.
Honda also announced approximately 51,000 of the Pilots should be inspected for a potentially loose ground bolt on the VSA system that could also produce unexpected brake activation. That fix is also offered free of charge.
Owners will receive mailers from American Honda Company detailing the recalls.
recall, auto news, recalls
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians