Recalls announced for certain '05-'06 Honda/Acura vehicles
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- Honda announced recalls for certain Honda Pilots and Acuras from the 2005 and 2006 model years.
The recall comprises approximately 101,000 Honda Pilot vehicles, 60,000 Acura MDX vehicles and 21,000 Acura RL vehicles from the 2005 model year; and approximately 800 Acura MDX vehicles from the 2006 model year in the U.S.
There are potential malfunctions of the Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system in those models that could lead to brake malfunctions. An electrical glitch could produce a small amount of brake force for a fraction of a second. A driver applying pressure could produce more than the intended input. Unexpected brake activation could increase the risk of a crash.
Honda will install a device to fix the problem free of charge.
Honda also announced approximately 51,000 of the Pilots should be inspected for a potentially loose ground bolt on the VSA system that could also produce unexpected brake activation. That fix is also offered free of charge.
Owners will receive mailers from American Honda Company detailing the recalls.
recall, auto news, recalls
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle 9 min ago
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 15 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 50 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 40 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis