Protein bar recalled due to salmonella risk
QUEBEC, Can. (KABC) -- Canadian company Pro-Amino is recalling its ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream bars due to possible salmonella contamination.
The bars are sold in 210 gram packages with the UPC 6 21498 42238 1, and expire by 2015-08.
The product was distributed in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and also sold via the Internet.
The Food and Drug Administration and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency are warning people not to eat the bars.
No illnesses have been reported.
recall, food, recalls
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks