Protein bar recalled due to salmonella risk
QUEBEC, Can. (KABC) -- Canadian company Pro-Amino is recalling its ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream bars due to possible salmonella contamination.
The bars are sold in 210 gram packages with the UPC 6 21498 42238 1, and expire by 2015-08.
The product was distributed in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia and also sold via the Internet.
The Food and Drug Administration and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency are warning people not to eat the bars.
No illnesses have been reported.
recall, food, recalls
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Hiker becomes ill, dies at Runyon Canyon Park 5 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 47 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 45 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 35 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks