Carter's brand infant onesies recalled due to choking hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Thousands of footed onesies for infants are being recalled due to a choking hazard from the garment's zipper.
Clothing manufacturer Carter's says the zipper can come off and infants could choke on it. The zipper runs from the foot to the neck.
The recall involves eight styles of the one-piece footed cotton garment. The items were sold in sizes newborn, 3, 6 and 9 months. "Baby B'gosh," "Child of Mine made by Carter's" or "Just One You made by Carter's" is printed on the fabric inside the neck area. Approximately 218,000 items were involved in the recall.
The style number is printed on a side seam label. The recalled product came in a variety of prints and colors. View all of the style numbers included in the recall by visiting www.cpsc.gov/recalls.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says you can return the recalled items for a full refund.
The affected clothes were sold at OshKosh B'gosh, Wal-Mart and Target stores nationwide from December 2012 through January 2013. The onesies were also sold online at www.oshkoshbgosh.com.
If you have questions regarding this recall, you can call Carter's toll-free at (888) 282-4674 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday. You can also get more information on Carter's website at www.carters.com and click on the Product Recalls link at the bottom of the page.
recall, children's health, recalls
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations 6 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 5 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis