Nestle's frozen pizzas recalled, may have plastic fragments
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nestle is recalling California Pizza Kitchen and DiGiorno frozen pizzas after plastic fragments were found.
The Wisconsin-based company said the problem was discovered after a "small number of consumers reported that they had found small fragments of plastic on the CPK Crispy Thin Crust White pizza."
The fragments were traced back to spinach the company received from a supplier.
Some plastic fragments may be "clear, brittle plastic, in irregular triangles, and may have sharp edges," U.S. Department of Agriculture officials say.
The products recalled include California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White, California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, and DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/ White Pizza.
Nestle is in the process of removing the pizzas affected from the shelves of retail stores nationwide.
Anyone with questions about the recall can contact Nestle USA Consumer Services at (800) 456-4394.
- Charges announced against sheriff's officials 37 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke