Teavana recalls exploding glass tea tumblers
DETROIT (KABC) -- Popular tea retailer Teavana has recalled its glass tea tumblers because they can break or shatter unexpectedly.
There are more than 300 reports of the glass tumblers breaking or shattering. Six people suffered minor cuts or burns.
The retailer sold 445,000 tumblers in the U.S. and 24,850 in Canada. Teavana describes the glass tea tumblers as double-walled beverage glasses. Most models have removable stainless steel tea infuser baskets, removable lids and decorative etchings on the inner wall.
The SKU number and UPC code can be found on a sticker on the bottom of the tumbler's packaging. Some of the models with a lid were sold as part of a tea gift set, and one model was sold without a lid or tea infuser basket and was sold in a set of four glasses.
You can see a full list of the products' SKU numbers and UPC codes on www.teavana.com/recall-glass-tumblers.
If you have one of these tumblers, you can take them to a Teavana store to get a metallic replacement. You can also call Teavana toll-free at (877) 261-1509 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.teavana.com and click on "Glass Tumbler Recall" for more information.
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 33 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 52 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 14 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future