Teavana recalls exploding glass tea tumblers
DETROIT (KABC) -- Popular tea retailer Teavana has recalled its glass tea tumblers because they can break or shatter unexpectedly.
There are more than 300 reports of the glass tumblers breaking or shattering. Six people suffered minor cuts or burns.
The retailer sold 445,000 tumblers in the U.S. and 24,850 in Canada. Teavana describes the glass tea tumblers as double-walled beverage glasses. Most models have removable stainless steel tea infuser baskets, removable lids and decorative etchings on the inner wall.
The SKU number and UPC code can be found on a sticker on the bottom of the tumbler's packaging. Some of the models with a lid were sold as part of a tea gift set, and one model was sold without a lid or tea infuser basket and was sold in a set of four glasses.
You can see a full list of the products' SKU numbers and UPC codes on www.teavana.com/recall-glass-tumblers.
If you have one of these tumblers, you can take them to a Teavana store to get a metallic replacement. You can also call Teavana toll-free at (877) 261-1509 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit www.teavana.com and click on "Glass Tumbler Recall" for more information.
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 19 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)