Ford issues recalls over child-safety locks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Ford is recalling more than 12,000 2013 vehicles due to problems with child-safety locks.
Ford says the locks on rear doors could fail, allowing children to unlock and open the back doors.
The recalled models are the Ford Explorer, Taurus and Lincoln MKS vehicles built between November and December 2012.
Ford will begin the recall on August 5.
Ford's recall number is 13S07 and vehicle owners can contact Ford with questions by calling (866) 436-7332. For reference, the NHTSA recall campaign number is 13V270000. Visit: Ford recall page
recall, auto news, recalls
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 55 min ago
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)