Salsa recalled after glass pieces found in jars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Fresno-based Olam Tomato Processors Inc. is recalling its salsa after large glass pieces were found in some jars.
The recalled jars include Mild Chunky Salsa with best-by dates of June 2015 and October 2015, and Medium Chunky Salsa with a best-by date of July 2015.
The salsas are sold at Dollar Tree, Dollar Express and Dollar Bills stores and distributed nationwide.
The company says the glass pieces got into the salsa when some of the jars were damaged.
No injuries have been reported.Customers who purchased the salsas involved in the recall can return the products for a full refund. For more information about this recall, visit www.fda.gov/recall.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
food, recall, recalls
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants