Salsa recalled after glass pieces found in jars
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Fresno-based Olam Tomato Processors Inc. is recalling its salsa after large glass pieces were found in some jars.
The recalled jars include Mild Chunky Salsa with best-by dates of June 2015 and October 2015, and Medium Chunky Salsa with a best-by date of July 2015.
The salsas are sold at Dollar Tree, Dollar Express and Dollar Bills stores and distributed nationwide.
The company says the glass pieces got into the salsa when some of the jars were damaged.
No injuries have been reported.Customers who purchased the salsas involved in the recall can return the products for a full refund. For more information about this recall, visit www.fda.gov/recall.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
food, recall, recalls
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 30 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 4 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 13 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
6 min ago