Ground beef recalled due to E. coli fears
LOS ANGELES -- A Kansas meat-packing company recalled 50,100 pounds of ground beef over fears of E. coli contamination.
The National Beef Packing Company produced the meat on July 18 and shipped them in 40-to 60-pound cases to retailers, wholesalers and food service distributors across the country.
The product carries the USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number, EST. 208A. The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
It's not clear if any of the meat made it to store shelves.
There are no reported cases of illness from this meat.
Consumers with questions can call (866) 761-9472 or visit www.nationalbeef.com.
food, recall, recalls
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 8 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 20 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 8 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 46 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- New technology monitors pet fitness
31 min ago