Ground beef recalled due to E. coli fears
LOS ANGELES -- A Kansas meat-packing company recalled 50,100 pounds of ground beef over fears of E. coli contamination.
The National Beef Packing Company produced the meat on July 18 and shipped them in 40-to 60-pound cases to retailers, wholesalers and food service distributors across the country.
The product carries the USDA mark of inspection and the establishment number, EST. 208A. The problem was discovered during a routine inspection by the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service.
It's not clear if any of the meat made it to store shelves.
There are no reported cases of illness from this meat.
Consumers with questions can call (866) 761-9472 or visit www.nationalbeef.com.
food, recall, recalls
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnapping 3 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested 11 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect 48 min ago
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- S.Korean ferry: Vice principal commits suicide 57 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet 11 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Covered California enrolls nearly 1.4M people
39 min ago