Hyundai recalls 23K Santa Fe SUVs; cars can lose power
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hyundai is recalling approximately 23,000 SUVs in the U.S. and Canada over an axle problem that can cause the car to lose power.
The recall affects 2013 Santa Fe Sport models with front-wheel-drive and 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engines. The cars were built between July 11, 2012 and March 12, 2013.
Hyundai says the right axle shaft can fail in rare cases. If that happens, the SUVs can lose power or roll away if parked on a slope.
Dealers will replace the axle shaft free of charge.
auto news, recall, recalls
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 42 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 4 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis