Iams dog and cat food recalled for salmonella
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Procter and Gamble Company has pulled several types of pet food from shelves nationwide due to possible salmonella contamination.
The recall includes bags of Eukanuba dry dog food and Iams dry dog and cat foods.
The company said the recall is a precaution and amounts to approximately 0.1 percent of annual production.
No instances of salmonella have been reported but symptoms in animals include diarrhea and vomiting.
The Procter and Gamble Company said it was alerted to the contamination during routine testing.
No additional Eukanuba or Iams cat or dog products are involved in the recall.
For more information on the recall or to see if any products you've purchased have been recalled, visit www.iams.com.
recall, animal news, fda, recalls
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery 36 min ago
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
58 min ago