Iams dog and cat food recalled for salmonella
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Procter and Gamble Company has pulled several types of pet food from shelves nationwide due to possible salmonella contamination.
The recall includes bags of Eukanuba dry dog food and Iams dry dog and cat foods.
The company said the recall is a precaution and amounts to approximately 0.1 percent of annual production.
No instances of salmonella have been reported but symptoms in animals include diarrhea and vomiting.
The Procter and Gamble Company said it was alerted to the contamination during routine testing.
No additional Eukanuba or Iams cat or dog products are involved in the recall.
For more information on the recall or to see if any products you've purchased have been recalled, visit www.iams.com.
recall, animal news, fda, recalls
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 57 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 22 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate