Kia recalls 2014 Sorento models over axle issue
Kia Motors is recalling certain 2014 model year front-wheel-drive Sorento vehicles manufactured January 7, 2013, through March 12, 2013 with 2.4 liter engines. Due to a manufacturing issue, the right front axle shaft may fracture.
A loss of power to the wheels is possible with a fractured front axle. The vehicle may also roll away if parked without the parking brake engaged.
Kia will notify owners and dealers will replace the front axle shaft assembly free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in September 2013.
Owners may contact Kia at (800) 333-4542 . Kia's recall number is SC099.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to SaferCare.gov.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries 1 min ago
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park 26 min ago
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 18 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report