Kia recalls 2014 Sorento models over axle issue
Kia Motors is recalling certain 2014 model year front-wheel-drive Sorento vehicles manufactured January 7, 2013, through March 12, 2013 with 2.4 liter engines. Due to a manufacturing issue, the right front axle shaft may fracture.
A loss of power to the wheels is possible with a fractured front axle. The vehicle may also roll away if parked without the parking brake engaged.
Kia will notify owners and dealers will replace the front axle shaft assembly free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in September 2013.
Owners may contact Kia at (800) 333-4542 . Kia's recall number is SC099.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at (888) 327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to SaferCare.gov.
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 45 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 4 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 2 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 19 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 9 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 42 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 52 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)