Be Amazing! expanding spider toys recalled due to ingestion hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Be Amazing! Toys is recalling its Monster Science Growing Spiders due to concerns children may ingest them.
The company says the soft and colorful spiders can be mistaken as candy. If the toy is swallowed, it can expand inside the body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting and dehydration.
The company said ingestion could even be life-threatening. The marble-sized toys do not show up on X-rays and surgery is likely needed to remove it from the body.
Consumers who bought this toy should stop using it immediately. They can contact Be Amazing! Toys toll-free at (877) 798-9795 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. They can also access information from the company's website, www.beamazingtoys.com. Click on Safety Recall at the bottom of the page.
recall, health, children's health, recalls
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 11 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in unrelated Pomona shootings
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Nelson Mandela memorial to see world leaders 30 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge 6 min ago
- Leighton Meester to make Broadway debut
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke