Be Amazing! expanding spider toys recalled due to ingestion hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Be Amazing! Toys is recalling its Monster Science Growing Spiders due to concerns children may ingest them.
The company says the soft and colorful spiders can be mistaken as candy. If the toy is swallowed, it can expand inside the body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting and dehydration.
The company said ingestion could even be life-threatening. The marble-sized toys do not show up on X-rays and surgery is likely needed to remove it from the body.
Consumers who bought this toy should stop using it immediately. They can contact Be Amazing! Toys toll-free at (877) 798-9795 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. They can also access information from the company's website, www.beamazingtoys.com. Click on Safety Recall at the bottom of the page.
recall, health, children's health, recalls
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 23 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour