Eco-Novelty Cosmo Beads recalled due to ingestion hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Eco Novelty is recalling water-absorbing multi-use beads because kids can swallow them thinking they're candy.
The recall involves Jumbo Size and Jumbo Multipurpose Cosmo Beads by the company Eco-Novelty. The company says the colorful beads can be easily mistaken for candy. If swallowed, the products expand and can cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life-threatening.
Items similar to the beads don't usually show up on X-rays, so they would likely need to be removed by surgery.
Consumers who bought this product should stop using them immediately. They can contact Eco Novelty Corp. at (231) 222-4200 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Consumers can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
recall, health, children's health, recalls
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Man burns to death, may have been stealing gas
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- SD man charged in 'revenge porn' site case 18 min ago
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Missing Nevada couple, 4 children found safe
- abcnews: Alleged cow abuse at DiGiorno supplier
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby
- Nativity scene stolen from Temecula yard
5 min ago