Eco-Novelty Cosmo Beads recalled due to ingestion hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Eco Novelty is recalling water-absorbing multi-use beads because kids can swallow them thinking they're candy.
The recall involves Jumbo Size and Jumbo Multipurpose Cosmo Beads by the company Eco-Novelty. The company says the colorful beads can be easily mistaken for candy. If swallowed, the products expand and can cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life-threatening.
Items similar to the beads don't usually show up on X-rays, so they would likely need to be removed by surgery.
Consumers who bought this product should stop using them immediately. They can contact Eco Novelty Corp. at (231) 222-4200 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Consumers can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
recall, health, children's health, recalls
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 44 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini
- Grand Central Market has comfort food galore
27 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
18 min ago