Gree dehumidifiers recalled over fire, burn hazard
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Gree Electric Appliances has recalled two million dehumidifiers because the products can overheat, smoke and catch fire.
The recall involves dehumidifiers of various sizes with brand names Danby, De'Longhi, Fedders, Fellini, Frigidaire, Gree, Kenmore, Norpole, Premiere, Seabreeze, SoleusAir and SuperClima.
The pint size and brand name are printed on the front of the dehumidifier. The model number and date code are printed on the back, front or side of the unit. The dehumidifiers come in white, beige, gray and black. They are made of plastic and measure between 19 and 24 inches tall; 13 and 15 inches wide; and 9 and 11 inches deep.
Gree says it has received reports of 165 incidents, including 46 fires and $2.15 million in property damage. However, no injuries have been reported.
If you own a product involved in this recall, contact Gree to receive a full refund. You can call the company toll-free at (866) 853-2802 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET. You can also visit the company's website at www.greeusa.com.
The products were sold at AAFES, HH Gregg, Home Depot, Kmart, Lowe's, Meanards, Mills Fleet Farm, Sam's club, Sears and other stores in the U.S. and Canada. The dehumidifiers were also sold online at Amazon.com and eBay.com from January 2005 through August 2013 for between $110 and $400.
Consumers can report incidents or injuries to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission by visiting www.SaferProducts.gov or calling CPSC's Hotline at (800) 638-2772.
recall, health, children's health, recalls
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 31 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 1 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 1 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 6 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...