Kraft to remove artificial dyes from 3 mac and cheese products
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Kraft says it plans to remove artificial dyes from three macaroni and cheese meals that come in kid-friendly shapes.
The new recipes include the Spongebob Squarepants, Halloween and winter shapes. Two new shapes will also be added.
The change doesn't affect Kraft's traditional elbow-shaped macaroni and cheese with so-called "original flavor."
The change comes as consumers demand more natural foods. The packaged food company said the changes are not a result of an online petition. The petition, posted in March, had more than 348,000 signatures on Thursday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 46 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 26 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 48 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
10 min ago