Top 7: Relaxing, affordable spas
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Mother's Day is about a week and a half away, and a day at the spa is one great gift idea.
A day at the spa can be expensive, but it doesn't have to be.
Click in the Eyewitness News Story Window above to watch Jane Monreal's report.
Mani, pedi, facials, even tattoos: This week's Top 7 have a lot in common, starting with the price. They're reasonable without sacrificing luxury.
Clients have been going to Miri Mandel Skin Works regularly for the last 24 years.
"I think they come out feeling radiant, feeling energized, feeling rested. It's a very peaceful place. When a session is going on, there's absolutely no talk in the place," said Miri Mandel.
"Right now, there is a great special, early summer special. You get a one hour healing massage, plus one hour rejuvenating facial for only $110. It's amazing," said Tara de Lis from Citysearch.
Swimsuits are not allowed at Olympic Spa in Koreatown, but if you can leave modesty at the door, it'll be worth it.
"There's great whirlpools and saunas and jacuzzis. There's one they actually call mugwarts and it's actually made with tea and you sit in it. It's very cleansing. There's an oxygen room. There's jade stone. It's very nice," said Tara de Lis.
"For the packages, pure bliss only costs you $100. You get all the things that you would like, scrub and a massage," said Joy Gonzalez from Olympic Spa.
For the art of threading, Ziba is affordable and convenient with 11 locations.
"Eyebrows start at about $11, which is a great deal. They also offer Indian body art, as well as waxing," said Tara de Lis.
Bellacures, open for the past two years in Beverly Hills, doesn't sacrifice hygiene for hip.
"We use disposable everything. We throw away our files, our buffers, our disposable liners after each person, so there's no risk of bacteria," said Samira Asemanfar from Bellacures.
Tara de Lis said Bellacures was the Citysearch winner for manicures.
"It's not a cheap spot, not like you're going to find in a strip mall, but it is very affordable. Manicures and pedicures start at $43. It's a good value, especially considering it's located here on fashionable Robertson," she said.
Rounding out the Citysearch Top 7 affordable spas are: Happy Foot Spa in San Gabriel, Beba Beauty in Los Angeles and Healing Hands Wellness and Massage Center, also in Los Angeles.
In Orange County, try Cloudmover Day Spa, and in the Inland Empire, Glen Ivy Hot Springs.
entertainment, jane monreal
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 56 min ago
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker 15 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Body positively identified as missing hiker 50 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe'
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale