Andy Richter says 'Tonight' exit frustrating
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Andy Richter, Conan O'Brien's sidekick at "The Tonight Show," told Kelly Ripa on Tuesday that he was frustrated Jay Leno was allowed to reclaim the hosting job.
"NBC, definitely, everybody said they were going to do something and they didn't," said Richter.
Richter made the comments while he was filling in for Regis Philbin on Tuesday's "Live! with Regis and Kelly."
The sidekick acknowledged that a rumored live concert tour with O'Brien remains "a distinct possibility."
As for "The Tonight Show" job ending after just nine months, Richter was self-deprecating.
"I guess I'm really good at getting kicked off the air, because it's what I've been doing for the last 10 years," he joked.
Ripa joked back, "You and Conan could do another show on another network called 'We Were on The Tonight Show."
celebrity, talk show, television, entertainment
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight 31 min ago
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy 5 min ago
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series