Andy Richter says 'Tonight' exit frustrating
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Andy Richter, Conan O'Brien's sidekick at "The Tonight Show," told Kelly Ripa on Tuesday that he was frustrated Jay Leno was allowed to reclaim the hosting job.
"NBC, definitely, everybody said they were going to do something and they didn't," said Richter.
Richter made the comments while he was filling in for Regis Philbin on Tuesday's "Live! with Regis and Kelly."
The sidekick acknowledged that a rumored live concert tour with O'Brien remains "a distinct possibility."
As for "The Tonight Show" job ending after just nine months, Richter was self-deprecating.
"I guess I'm really good at getting kicked off the air, because it's what I've been doing for the last 10 years," he joked.
Ripa joked back, "You and Conan could do another show on another network called 'We Were on The Tonight Show."
celebrity, talk show, television, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 18 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 51 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 50 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis