Andy Richter says 'Tonight' exit frustrating
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Andy Richter, Conan O'Brien's sidekick at "The Tonight Show," told Kelly Ripa on Tuesday that he was frustrated Jay Leno was allowed to reclaim the hosting job.
"NBC, definitely, everybody said they were going to do something and they didn't," said Richter.
Richter made the comments while he was filling in for Regis Philbin on Tuesday's "Live! with Regis and Kelly."
The sidekick acknowledged that a rumored live concert tour with O'Brien remains "a distinct possibility."
As for "The Tonight Show" job ending after just nine months, Richter was self-deprecating.
"I guess I'm really good at getting kicked off the air, because it's what I've been doing for the last 10 years," he joked.
Ripa joked back, "You and Conan could do another show on another network called 'We Were on The Tonight Show."
celebrity, talk show, television, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Malaysia not sure which way jet was headed
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book