Budding stars shine at Young Artist Awards
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Some of the youngest and brightest stars in Hollywood were honored Sunday at the 31st Annual Young Artist Awards at the Beverly Garland Hotel in Studio City.
More than 40 child and teen actors from feature films and TV were there.
Awards were given in more than 20 categories.
Jolie Vanier was nominated for four awards, including best performance in a feature film by a leading young actress.
"I was at the young artists last year. I was up for one nomination and now I'm up for four. My adrenaline is going, my heart is thumping, and I'm really happy to be here," said Vanier.
The Young Artist Foundation is a non-profit organization that awards scholarships to financially or physically challenged young people seeking a career in the entertainment industry.
award shows, entertainment
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 26 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis