Budding stars shine at Young Artist Awards
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Some of the youngest and brightest stars in Hollywood were honored Sunday at the 31st Annual Young Artist Awards at the Beverly Garland Hotel in Studio City.
More than 40 child and teen actors from feature films and TV were there.
Awards were given in more than 20 categories.
Jolie Vanier was nominated for four awards, including best performance in a feature film by a leading young actress.
"I was at the young artists last year. I was up for one nomination and now I'm up for four. My adrenaline is going, my heart is thumping, and I'm really happy to be here," said Vanier.
The Young Artist Foundation is a non-profit organization that awards scholarships to financially or physically challenged young people seeking a career in the entertainment industry.
award shows, entertainment
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Laguna Beach sexual assault suspect sought
- Calif. unemployment rate falls to 9 percent
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Conn. commuter trains collide, 60 injured
- abcnews: Plane crash sole survivor breaks silence
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review