Budding stars shine at Young Artist Awards
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Some of the youngest and brightest stars in Hollywood were honored Sunday at the 31st Annual Young Artist Awards at the Beverly Garland Hotel in Studio City.
More than 40 child and teen actors from feature films and TV were there.
Awards were given in more than 20 categories.
Jolie Vanier was nominated for four awards, including best performance in a feature film by a leading young actress.
"I was at the young artists last year. I was up for one nomination and now I'm up for four. My adrenaline is going, my heart is thumping, and I'm really happy to be here," said Vanier.
The Young Artist Foundation is a non-profit organization that awards scholarships to financially or physically challenged young people seeking a career in the entertainment industry.
award shows, entertainment
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 36 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot 11 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Malaysian Airlines flight goes missing 4 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 5 min ago
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family 2 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months