Randy Quaid, wife arrested in Santa Barbara
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (KABC) -- Randy Quaid and his wife were ordered held on $100,000 bail and told to return for a court hearing Wednesday.
Randy and Evi Quaid showed up in a criminal courtroom two weeks late Monday and were arrested on outstanding warrants.
The couple have repeatedly failed to show up in a Santa Barbara court for hearings in a felony case back in September, alleging that they defrauded an inn out of more than $10,000.
They have pleaded not guilty, and their attorney says the couple has repaid the money and is hoping to resolve the case.
The couple's missed appearances cost them $40,000 in bail that they forfeited after missing an April 12 hearing. Arrest warrants were issued when they failed to show up for another hearing the next day.
Quaid is best-known for supporting roles in films such as "Independence Day" and "National Lampoon's Vacation." He is the oldest brother of actor Dennis Quaid.
The criminal complaint alleges the couple defrauded the Ysidro Ranch in Montecito by using an invalid credit card.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, court case, legal, entertainment, robert holguin
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes 57 min ago
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew M. at 'Wolf' event