Randy Quaid, wife arrested in Santa Barbara
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (KABC) -- Randy Quaid and his wife were ordered held on $100,000 bail and told to return for a court hearing Wednesday.
Randy and Evi Quaid showed up in a criminal courtroom two weeks late Monday and were arrested on outstanding warrants.
The couple have repeatedly failed to show up in a Santa Barbara court for hearings in a felony case back in September, alleging that they defrauded an inn out of more than $10,000.
They have pleaded not guilty, and their attorney says the couple has repaid the money and is hoping to resolve the case.
The couple's missed appearances cost them $40,000 in bail that they forfeited after missing an April 12 hearing. Arrest warrants were issued when they failed to show up for another hearing the next day.
Quaid is best-known for supporting roles in films such as "Independence Day" and "National Lampoon's Vacation." He is the oldest brother of actor Dennis Quaid.
The criminal complaint alleges the couple defrauded the Ysidro Ranch in Montecito by using an invalid credit card.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, court case, legal, entertainment, robert holguin
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months