Randy Quaid, wife arrested in Santa Barbara
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (KABC) -- Randy Quaid and his wife were ordered held on $100,000 bail and told to return for a court hearing Wednesday.
Randy and Evi Quaid showed up in a criminal courtroom two weeks late Monday and were arrested on outstanding warrants.
The couple have repeatedly failed to show up in a Santa Barbara court for hearings in a felony case back in September, alleging that they defrauded an inn out of more than $10,000.
They have pleaded not guilty, and their attorney says the couple has repaid the money and is hoping to resolve the case.
The couple's missed appearances cost them $40,000 in bail that they forfeited after missing an April 12 hearing. Arrest warrants were issued when they failed to show up for another hearing the next day.
Quaid is best-known for supporting roles in films such as "Independence Day" and "National Lampoon's Vacation." He is the oldest brother of actor Dennis Quaid.
The criminal complaint alleges the couple defrauded the Ysidro Ranch in Montecito by using an invalid credit card.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, celebrity, court case, legal, entertainment, robert holguin
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 10 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 8 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)