Q'orianka Kilcher arrested at White House
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- U.S. Park Police have identified a woman arrested for tying herself to a White House fence as actress Q'orianka Kilcher.
According to authorities, the 20-year-old tied herself to the fence Tuesday and her 41-year-old mother poured a black substance over her.
Officials say the two were protesting a visit by the president of Peru. Her father is a Peruvian Indian.
Kilcher's mother, Saskia, has been charged with defacing government property. The actress was charged with disorderly conduct.
Park Police spokesman Sgt. David Schlosser says the two are expected to appear in D.C. Superior Court on Wednesday.
Kilcher's credits include the 2005 film, "The New World."
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
celebrity, the white house, arrest, entertainment
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video