Charlie Sheen's Benz found off cliff again
HOLLYWOOD HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- L.A. Fire crews recovered Charlie Sheen's Mercedes-Benz Tuesday, which someone ran off Mulholland Drive overnight.
This is the second time since February that one of Sheen's luxury cars has been found at the bottom of the same Hollywood Hills ravine. On Feb. 5, Sheen's black Mercedes-Benz SUV was found pushed off the same 150-yard-deep bluff near the actor's home.
While police were investigating that incident, they also found a Bentley which belonged to the owners of a Beverly Hills restaurant which had also been stolen and ditched.
L.A. police Sgt. John Buckley confirmed Tuesday that the car belongs to the actor. Sheen said he left the vehicle in his driveway about 4 p.m. Monday.
Authorities say they found the silver Mercedes-Benz off the road with its engine running and lights on near Mulholland and Java drives at around 3 a.m. After a thorough search in and around the vehicle, authorities say they believe no one was inside when it went off the road.
"The owner of the vehicle did not know it was missing. There was no money missing at the residence. At this point, we're making the assumption that the vehicle was stolen and then pushed over the side of the hill," said L.A. Fire Batt. Chief Peter Benesch
"I've lived up here for many years, and it used to be that cars went over the side hill all the time either because they were racing or because somebody was stripping the car," said Jacie Ingersoll, a Hollywood Hills resident.
Sheen lives in a gated community of Mulholland Estates. The front gate is covered by at least six security cameras.
Last time Sheen's car was stolen, he told police that he left the vehicle running in his unlocked garage. Police are now trying to figure out if Sheen is being targeted by car thieves and why.
Residents as well as rescuers say it's all a little strange.
"I think what's wrong with this guy? He's always in trouble," said Ingersoll.
Investigators are using fingerprinting technology to figure out who's to blame.
CNS contributed to this report.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom 17 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'