Aguilera to sing national anthem - again
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Is Christina Aguilera a good luck charm? The Los Angeles Lakers are hoping so.
Aguilera has been chosen to sing the national anthem for the deciding Game 7 of the NBA Finals.
The Lakers were down 3-2 when Aguilera sang before Tuesday's game at the Staples Center.
The Lakers ended up crushing the Celtics, 89-67, on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, police and city officials say they have a plan in place for Thursday's game to stop any would-be troublemakers. L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is encouraging Angelenos to stay home if they can.
"If you don't have a ticket for Game 7, we encourage you to enjoy this time with family and friends," said Villaraigosa. "Save money, save gas, by celebrating at or near your home."
Program schedule for ABC7 Thursday night:
- 4 p.m.: Eyewitness News
- 5 p.m.: Eyewitness News
- 5:30 p.m.: GMC NBA Countdown
- 6 p.m.: 2010 NBA Finals, Game 7
- 8:30 p.m.: Sports Zone
- 9:30 p.m.: Jimmy Kimmel Live
- 10 p.m.: Jeopardy!
- 10:30 p.m.: Wheel of Fortune
- 11 p.m.: Eyewitness News
- 11:35 p.m.: Jimmy Kimmel Live
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, nfl championship game, los angeles lakers, boston celtics, entertainment
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover