'Twilight' fans camped out at L.A. Live
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Devoted "Twilight" fans are camped out in front of L.A. Live hoping to score tickets to the premiere of "Eclipse."Die-hard fans started camping out on Monday. Their mission is to be front and center at the premiere of the latest installment of the "Twilight" films.
Fans from all around the world have made their way to Los Angeles for the much anticipated premiere. They are all hoping to catch a glimpse of their favorite "Twilight" stars.
One man from New Zealand made the trip to L.A. with his niece who is a true Twi-hard.
"I brought by niece. I told her I owed her a trip so we brought her out here and between her and my wife they convinced me to camp out," said Eric Irizarry of New Zealand.
Many of the fans that are camping out for this major event say it is a great experience. They have made many friends and can share in all of the excitement together.
"Friends at home couldn't believe what I was doing," said Natalie Figueroa.
"We live in the same city, but I don't know her. This is great," said Amanda Jones.
Approximately 9,000 wristbands are being handed out to fans, who began erecting tents outside the theatre on Monday. Nokia officials, who have issued a list of camping rules, say the wristbands must be worn until the premiere is over.
"Eclipse," the latest in of the three vampire movies, opens in theaters June 30.
movie news, twilight saga, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 49 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 49 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
29 min ago