'Twilight' fans camped out at L.A. Live
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Devoted "Twilight" fans are camped out in front of L.A. Live hoping to score tickets to the premiere of "Eclipse."Die-hard fans started camping out on Monday. Their mission is to be front and center at the premiere of the latest installment of the "Twilight" films.
Fans from all around the world have made their way to Los Angeles for the much anticipated premiere. They are all hoping to catch a glimpse of their favorite "Twilight" stars.
One man from New Zealand made the trip to L.A. with his niece who is a true Twi-hard.
"I brought by niece. I told her I owed her a trip so we brought her out here and between her and my wife they convinced me to camp out," said Eric Irizarry of New Zealand.
Many of the fans that are camping out for this major event say it is a great experience. They have made many friends and can share in all of the excitement together.
"Friends at home couldn't believe what I was doing," said Natalie Figueroa.
"We live in the same city, but I don't know her. This is great," said Amanda Jones.
Approximately 9,000 wristbands are being handed out to fans, who began erecting tents outside the theatre on Monday. Nokia officials, who have issued a list of camping rules, say the wristbands must be worn until the premiere is over.
"Eclipse," the latest in of the three vampire movies, opens in theaters June 30.
movie news, twilight saga, entertainment
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill