Barbara Walters fully recovers from surgery
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Barbara Walters says she is "fully recovered" just two months after open heart surgery.
The ABC news anchor made her first TV appearance Monday since the procedure in May to replace a faulty valve. She checked in with her fellow panelists on "The View."
The 80-year-old said from her Manhattan apartment that she was never in serious discomfort from the surgery.
Walters will take the rest of the summer off. She says she will rejoin her comrades when "The View" begins its new season in September.
celebrity, television, talk show, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 51 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour