ABC Daytime premieres new 'What If' webisodes
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Fans of daytime television have a new type of fun to look forward to on the Internet. Stars of ABC's popular daytime drama series are mixing it up and crossing over into some very interesting make believe meetings.
"The idea is out of the box," said actress Susan Lucci. "From my experience, over the years fans have asked, 'Why not cross over storylines?'"
The innovative series will answer questions about what would happen if two characters from different soaps ran into each other.
Many daytime actors say they look forward to the crossover and working with other soap stars.
"I love Susan. It was even better than I expected because there was a tenderness that came out from both of us," said actor Maurice Benard. "She brought it out of me and I hope I brought it out of her. It really wasn't expected in the scene and I loved that."
In a 10-part series that will also air in cut-down-versions on ABC Daytime and SOAPnet, viewers will see well-known characters from "All My Children," "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital interact with one another.
"It was so much fun working with Maurice," said Lucci. "Maurice used to be on 'All My Children' a long time ago. I don't thing we've played scenes together. This was wonderful for me to work with Maurice. I loved it."
The ABC Daytime "What If" webisodes premiered on Monday, July 12.
soap opera, television, celebrity, entertainment
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 52 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student 23 min ago
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 55 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis