Salahi, Goldberg fight after 'View'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The sparks that flew while Michaele Salahi was grilled on 'The View' Wednesday flared into a fight after the show.
A spokesman says the White House gatecrasher's visit to the show ended in a backstage shouting match with co-host Whoopi Goldberg.
Salahi went to the show Wednesday to promote her appearance on Bravo's "Real Housewives of D.C.," which premieres Thursday.
Goldberg, who was not among the interviewers for that segment, had stepped onto the set of the show to urge Salahi to discuss the night she and her husband allegedly crashed President Barack Obama's state dinner last fall. As she spoke to her, Goldberg could be seen by viewers touching Salahi's arm.
Goldberg wasted no time invoking the clash with the woman "who you may remember from her, let's say, surprising appearance at a White House party last November."
"The View's" spokesperson says Goldberg and Salahi got into a "heated exchange" backstage when Goldberg learned Salahi had accused the host of hitting her. Salahi also claims that Goldberg confronted her sharply and used obscene language.
According to Goldberg, Salahi's husband, Tareq, had begun filming the squabble with his cell phone.
"Needless to say, I really went off, then," Goldberg said. "And there was even more, choicer words. I mean, they were so choice you could have cut them with a knife and eaten them."
The encounter brought Salahi to tears.
Goldberg later gave her own account in this case of She-said, She-said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, fight, television, abc, entertainment, phillip palmer
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4.7-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 9 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians