Zsa Zsa Gabor released from hospital
WESTWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was released from Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center on Wednesday evening after undergoing hip-replacement surgery.
Gabor, 93, had been hospitalized since July 17 when she fell from her bed trying to answer a telephone, according to Gabor's husband, Prince Frederic von Anhalt. She underwent hip-replacement surgery two days later.
She was expected to be released Saturday but suffered a setback that caused her release to be delayed. On Wednesday, she was transported by ambulance to her home in Bel Air.
"It's been a long ride and I have cherished the time I have had to spend with my mother whose strength and will to lie has astonished us all," said Gabor's daughter, Constance Francesca Hilton, in a statement.
The Hungarian-born actress is the last of three Gabor sisters. Magda and Eva Gabor both had successful show business careers.
Gabor appeared in several films and television shows in the 1950s and 1960s, but has been confined to a wheelchair since being involved in a car crash on Sunsent Boulevard in 2002. She also suffered a stroke in 2005.
celebrity, entertainment, robert holguin
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 20 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 17 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable 27 min ago
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talks 'Duck Dynasty' future 45 min ago