Cameron Diaz tops list of risky web searches
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KABC) -- A trio of movie stars tops the latest list of risky celebrity internet searches, according to new research by McAfee Inc.
The computer security software maker identified Cameron Diaz, Julia Roberts and Jessica Biel as the three most dangerous celebrities to search for online.
McAfee ran tests in July to identify dangerous websites, and said criminals believe the three celebrities are the perfect lures to sucker people into visiting malicious websites that can infect computers.
Once a computer is infected, all kinds of personal information can be stolen, including online banking passwords and e-mail passwords.
The McAfee Most Dangerous Celebrities study found that movie stars' names are among the more dangerous searches, whereas politians' names are safest.
This is the fourth year in a row that McAfee did this study.
Here are the top ten dangerous searches on the list:
- Cameron Diaz
- Julia Roberts
- Jessica Biel
- Gisele BŁndchen
- Brad Pitt
- Adriana Lima
- Jennifer Love Hewitt, Nicole Kidman
- Tom Cruise
- Heidi Klum, Penelope Cruz
- Anna Paquin
celebrity, identity theft, entertainment
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious 14 min ago
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days 45 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video)
- Pet of the Week: 6-yr-old terrier mix Tillie
32 min ago